To keep up with all the news from the Home Edition of Superbooth 2020 click and share this link – https://bit.ly/SB20new
I’m not entirely sure that SWARM was intended as a Superbooth Home Edition release or not. But the in the dark minds and twisted movements of the Fever Dream Shopping Network … who really knows what’s ever going on anyway.
SWARM is an ‘asynchronous gate generator’ and is said to be “a rather odd solution to a problem that doesn’t exist”. There’s no clock input and the unit CAN’T be synced to external sources. It’s four gate patterns that “have nothing to do with each other”. Moffenzeef say the objective was to create their own type of pattern generation that allows for influence over the overall speed of a series of randomised gate patters. You can loop the pattern to freeze them in a similar manner to a tape loops, allowing for something that is “reminiscent of something that’s somewhat musical due to the repeating structure.”
I now know where to get things that are “reminiscent of something somewhat musical” (amazing) and I also know I’ll be continuing to get a kick out of the Fever Dream videos.
The module is 8hp, 20mm deep and here’s the official feature list from Moffenzeef.
- MASTER CLØCK WITH PULSE WIDTH
- CØARSE AND FINE TUNE TEMPØ
- BIPØLAR CV IN FØR MASTER CLØCK
- RANGE SWITCH FØR MASTER CLØCK
- GLØBAL PULSE WIDTH WITH BIPØLAR CV INPUT
- SQUARE WAVE VCØ ØUTPUT
- 4 ASYNCHRØNØUS RANDØMIZED GATE ØUTPUTS
- LØØP SWITCH EMULATES A TAPE LØØP FØR RANDØM ØUTPUTS
- CURRENT LIMITING AND DIØDE PRØTECTIØN
- SKIFF FRIENDLY: LØW PØWER AND SHALLØW MØUNTING DEPTH
- ARDUINØ CØMPATIBLE WITH ISP HEADER ØN BACK FØR REPRØGRAMMING
More info at https://www.moffenzeefmodular.com/swarm
Leave a Reply